Are you wondering what questions to ask before your cosmetic procedure? Important details can sometimes get overlooked in the excitement of getting a cosmetic treatment. To ensure you have all the information before undergoing any medical cosmetic treatment, use our question guide to avoid any nasty surprises.
Know the time frame
- How long does the procedure take?
- How long is the recovery period for this procedure?
- How long will the results last?
- When is the follow-up appointment?
Ask about the pain
- What pain/discomfort to expect during the procedure and during recovery?
- What types of pain-killers and aftercare products are recommended, if any?
Questions about recovery
- What are the aftercare instructions to follow, what activities to avoid and for how long?
- What to expect at the follow-up appointment for this cosmetic procedure?
Know the associated risks
- What are the most common complications and risks with this cosmetic procedure?
- How can these risks be minimised?
- What results can be realistically expected with this procedure?
- Is this the best cosmetic treatment for my intended results?
Only undergo cosmetic medical procedures once you are satisfied with the answers to all these questions. It is also important to find the right practitioner for your procedure as most injectable treatments require a medically qualified practitioner.
Read more about finding a qualified practitioner or text Cathy to arrange an appointment 07856 127082